Thursday, January 27, 2011

1/27/11

Missed a few days of posting secondary to being out of town and returning w/ a sick little girl, which meant a flury of activity: doctor visits, pharmacy(twice) and grocery store. She has strep throat but is starting to feel better,PTL!!!!

I did manage to get a few workouts in while we were OOT, mostly treadmill and core/GS work. I HATE running on the treadmill, but I forgot my running bag which had all my cold gear in it so I was forced inside. I just can't run a consistent pace for very long on the dreadmill plus the scenery never changes. Don't get me wrong I got some good quality work in and the treadmill the hotel had was great but it still doesn't compare w/ running in God's great creation. The first workout was more like interval work and the second more a mix b/t tempo and intervals. All together in the two sessions I got in roughly 6 quality miles. First day back, I got outside despite the rain and cold and got in another 4.5 miles. I am continuing to feel better w/ my running and better able to hold a consistenly faster pace overall vs. the training for the full marathon and post-injury half.

A few body aches hear and there right now: right knee after sitting in the car on the trip, a wierd ache in my left SI joint that has been coming and going for awhile and last night a ver sharp pain in my right shoulder that cruppled me for a few minutes while removing my shirt OH and continues now. Funny how these always seem to crop up on a lighter week or when tapering.

No comments:

Post a Comment