Tuesday, February 8, 2011

13.5 stones

I am so glad to be able to say I am at 13.5 stones now. Not quite at my goal but things are progressing nicely. My running group, whom I haven't seen in like 3 or 4 weeks b/c of schedules, really made me feel good on Sunday. Some of them said they almost didn't recognize me at first on the Greenway b/c I had slimmed so much. Granted some of that is b/c of a loss of appetite w/ Strep Throat but I do feel b/c we have been eating and cooking better I have been able to drop some of the needed pounds. At last check the body fat had dropped to 14.5 or 15% which is very important to me. Would love to get that to 10%
The Cedars race is coming up and I am quite nervous for several reasons: first is the fact that I missed several key workouts over the last two weeks secondary to sickness, the second is the effects of the sickness and subsequent meds, third is having only been to 10 miles at this race(had hoped to be at least @12), fourth is the weather and what to wear(low of 26 but high of 42 for the day and the race doesn't start until 11, tights or shorts?), and last but not least is wanting so badly to PR w/o getting hurt or feeling so miserable I can't enjoy the Valentine's weekend we have planned. Two or three weeks ago when I was flying on the 10 mile run I would not have had most of those worries, I felt so ready then. I have got to get that feeling back before Sat. I also need to figure out why I seem to peak too early a lot in my training. Anyways Cedars here I come!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment